EXPECTATION OF ALL EMPLOYEES
At Heiman Inc., we take pride providing the best possible experience to all of our customers.
The Industrial Fire Sales and Service Representative is responsible for the sales, inspection, installation and service of portable fire extinguishers, kitchen fire suppression systems, and industrial fire suppression systems as well as a wide variety of safety related products.
Fire Extinguisher Inspection, Service, Installation & Sales:
- Sell new Fire Extinguishers to customers
- Know and follow current NFPA 10 Standards, manufacturer, Heiman & AHJD to perform accurate and efficient inspections
- Inspect fire extinguishers (check pressure, powder levels, inspection dates, extinguisher pin, power in hose, damage, installed properly, etc.)
- Provide recommendations and quotes to customers for their fire equipment needs
- Service fire extinguishers, add correct powder amount, pressure, labels & collars, etc.
- Install Fire Extinguishers according to NFPA 10 Standards
- Call on existing customers and well as calling on new and/or potential customers to increase business
Sales/Service Route Scheduling, Preparation, Sales and Development:
- Perform effective sales calls and “cold calls”, visiting businesses to generate new sales and service leads
- Arrive at all customer sites on time
- Follow up on new sales leads and potential customers to generate new revenue
- Contact customers to schedule convenient & efficient service dates and times
- Map out route to assure mileage, fuel, time and service efficiency
- Assure that all monthly route work orders are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain proper stock in vehicle to service route efficiently and effectively
- Sell additional add-on products and services to customers when needed
- Document deficiencies and recommendations made to customer
- Provide customer with accurate sales and service quotes/pricing
- Communicate in a professional manner with all customers
- Make sure customers are 100% satisfied with the service that has been provided
- Complete paperwork in a legible and professional manner, filling paperwork out in its entirety
- Assure all necessary tools are maintained on vehicle
- Driving Policy:
- Drive company vehicle to job site in a safe and professional manner
- Follow all traffic laws along with guidelines as outlined by Heiman, Inc.
- Wash truck when necessary and keep inside of truck clean and organized
- Report damaged/broken truck equipment to management and assure repair is done
- Follow Heiman policies and procedures
- Complete all job duties as assigned by management in a timely manner
- Participate in company meetings, initiatives as appropriate
- Represent the Company to the community in a positive manner, consistent with its marketing and customer goals
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be well verse in the safe use of general hand tools and power tools
- Must have or be able and willing to attain State Fire Extinguisher License if required
- Active driver’s license in good standing required
- Must meet safe driving policy criteria to be an active company vehicle driver
- Know and follow current NFPA standards to perform accurate and efficient inspection and maintenance of restaurant fire suppression systems (check chemical, piping, conduit, nozzles, detection, manual pull stations, gas/electric shut off for proper functions.
- Replace/repair necessary components to meet manufactures, NFPA 17A, local AHJD and Heiman, Inc. standard of operation of suppression unit
- Test fire suppression unit for proper operation
- Test secondary components (gas/electric, alarm)
- Document all maintenance
- Maintain all existing systems as well as look for additional sales to expand business
- Learn how to design, quote, install, recharge and maintain restaurant fire suppression systems
- Prior Portables/GP experience is preferred
- Prior sales experience, with emphasis on route sales & route development, is highly preferred
Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Mechanical skills preferred
- Customer oriented interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language
- Must have the ability to present in front of customers that displays confidence, charisma and professionalism
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have ability to sell and promote products of Heiman, Inc. effectively
- Must be able to exercise effective time management skills (prioritize, work on a time line)
- Must be able to understand and interpret codes and standards
This job may work indoors or outdoors. This role routinely may work inside closed vehicles; uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and drive. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may climb a height of at least 10 ft; walk on uneven terrain; be exposed to loud noises. The employee must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. Person may also be exposed to ventilation area which may have respiratory irritant. Must not be skin and respiratory sensitive to these materials and environments. MSDS are available.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend coverage if necessary.
Heiman, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability. To be considered for this position, any and all candidates must be able to certify that he or she can perform with or without reasonable accommodation all of the essential functions listed above.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general duties of the position and is not a comprehensive list of job duties, responsibilities, skills, physical requirements or working conditions. Employees are required to complete other duties as assigned. This is not a contract, express or implied, guaranteeing employment for any specific duration. The employee and employer are equally free to terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause.